I’ve had my share of ‘mess-ups’ and over the past 17 years racked up a bunch of scars to prove it. Today I’ll share some tips to help you avoid those mistakes and have a much smoother journey towards connection with your Stepchildren.
In this episode, Tim shares his stepdad superpower – connection – and how he developed it through the years. Listen, as he shares each step he took and the tips he has for stepparents like you to develop your own superpower in your blended family setup.
Podcast Show Notes:
- 00:12 – Welcome to the Blendcredible Podcast
- 01:34 – Tim’s Superpower: Connection
- 02:03 – #1 Don’t attempt to be the tour guide in your stepchild’s landscape
- It’s a mistake to think something is broken
- 04:11 – How you introduce your lifestyle to a child
- 05:43 – A great surprise to Tim was his stepson needing his assistance
- Enjoy the space your stepchild already opened for you to occupy
- 07:06 – Stepparents don’t get to control the time to access points in their stepchildren’s lives
- What you can control is your input and the frequency of your engagement
- 08:47 – Follow Tim on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- 09:11 – We’d love to hear from you! For any questions and feedback, check out Blendcredible.com
- Don’t think that something is broken in a family that you need to fix.
- Maximize and enjoy the space your stepchild already has for you.